Friday, February 20, 2009

Memories.


Nothing like a Friday night to recapture all those memories from long ago.. or a husband who just figured out how to put music and pictures on the X-Box. Nothing like listening to Bone Thugs -N- Harmony and Fleetwood Mac to bring back memories. What a good combo! (wink!)


But if you think about it, food has that same effect on people. Why do we have the same foods year after year at Holiday's and Birthdays? Because the memories they bring back are priceless! I can smell coffee and it reminds me of my Grandma, or when my Mom makes dressing at Thanksgiving, it takes me back to my Granny and Grandpa's house, and even why Kevin and I have Italian on Valentine's Day-the memories.

These are all great ways to remember the good times we have, but when food becomes a reward, and not a memory, that is when it becomes a problem. I can remember to many times, when I would be happy, I would eat. Mad, I would eat. Sad-yep I would eat! I would find reasons to eat, and that is why I have gained so much weight!

So, its nice to know that music and photos have the same effect. You always know it will, its just sometimes you need to be slapped in the face with old school "Round and Round" by Tevin Campbell to bring those same highs that food once did.

So what songs bring a smile to your face when you hear them? Then THOSE are the ones you should listen to if you are turning to food as an emotional escape. Plus once your done listening to it, you can listen to it again! Food, not so much. AND its calorie free!

Have a great day and night!

Love,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment