Saturday, February 14, 2009

Its not just V-day, its Vito's B-day!

Valentine's Day has a lot of meaning to me. It was the first date that Kevin and I went on, the day the Vito was born, and the one day that my Dad always sends me flowers.


It also is tradition that we eat Italian for dinner. Over the last 8 V-day's we have had Olive Garden in Bowling Green, Bella Note' in Lexington, Rocky's on the River, or to just making it ourselves. Well this year was different. Since I am doing HMR, we didn't do this. Instead Kevin at McDonald's while I enjoyed savory chicken with mushrooms and rice, along with some green beans and broccoli-yummie! I wont lie, the smell of McDonald's made me want fries so bad, but I just kept thinking of my goal for this week. To lose 3 pounds, since that is more realistic then the 8 from last week.

I am actually pretty proud of the fact that I didn't say. "It wont hurt to break out of the box for one meal and continue our tradition." But instead I thought of the long run. I would have been satisfied for maybe an hour then I would start feeling guilty and let down with myself. So skipping this tradition had me temporally disappointed, but knowing that I didn't break out of the box, felt 1000 times better.

We also went to visit my parents today as well. My mom, who usually gets us candy didn't this year. Instead she got me some cute heart shaped earrings while Kevin got a UofL sh
irt. My dad sent me a wonderful bouquet from Wild Flowers. (They are the ones who did our flowers for our wedding.) This is what I am talking about when it is nice to have the support behind ya!

You have to have a support system and its nice having my husband, parents, family, and friends encouraging me, because with out it, the next 12 weeks are going to be hard!


Thanks again for all your support and hope you had a very happy V-day!!

Have a great day and night!


Love,
Em




2 comments:

  1. Ahh Happy Birthday Vito!!!! Mom gave me Nelly and Rudy for Valentine's 6 years ago... so it's like their birthday to me!!! Keep up the awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are still my ROCK STAR!!!! Im glad you had a great v-day and that you didnt eat outside the box....I bet you will lose anywhere from 3-5 lbs next week....YOU GO GIRL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete