Saturday, February 21, 2009

Birthday Dinner, Part II

Nothing like some good old family fun to be had on a Saturday evening. Today we celebrated my Mom's Birthday, and yes another trip to a restaurant was made. This time, Tumbleweed.

And the first thing I saw was a sign for 1.99 Margaritas on Friday and Saturday. Temptation #1 of the night. There is nothing like a nice frozen margarita to go along with the (temptation #2) chips and salsa. Do you know how hard it was to not have chips and salsa, especially when I asked for some celery sticks, to eat with the salsa, and never got it. YEAH! IT SUCKED! I was fine once my salad (lettuce, two onion rings, and a scoop of diced tomatoes) and baked potato came.

It was no Taco Salad or Best of the Southwest, but I was pretty satisfied after the fact. Knowing that was at my 2nd place to eat and I didn't give into temptation, felt pretty good. Heck I didn't even at any of the cookie cake, instead I had my pudding they gave us on Thurs
day.

What helped me, was knowing that we were going to Tumbleweed ahead of time. I knew what I could get, so I didn't even need to look at the menu. The only reason I did, was to see a description of the salad. NOTE: They don't have one for the house salad- crazy!

Planning and knowing ahead of time helps with the temptations that that restaurant will have. Whether it is chips -n- salsa or bread with olive oil, each place has something they are known for and if you can substitute it with something else, then you wont be as tempted. Although, it helps if you get your celery sticks. Maybe next time I will just bring my own. :O)

So here's to another day of HMRing!

Have a great day and night!

Love,

Em


No comments:

Post a Comment