Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Birthday Dinner


Well, tonight was the first time I went out somewhere that food was EVERYWHERE! Today was my friend Amy's Birthday. Her hubby arranged a little gathering at Martini's. It was nice, especially the fresh baked bread and olive oil that filled the air, AND IT SUCKED!

Do you know how much I wanted to just take a little nibble of bread with that sauce on it?? Italian is one of my favorites, and bread in olive oil, even better. But I didn't give in to the temptation. Instead I drank some water and chatted up a storm. Well maybe not a storm, but I did talk quite a bit.

It also helped to have Teresa there. She, too, was suffering through the aroma. But I am proud to say we stayed in the box and were able to have fun with out all the yummie food. I wouldn't say avoiding all temptations is a good thing. You have to know what will surround you for the next 12 weeks. There are going to be times when people are going to want to go to dinner. You just have to know what you can and can't have. My "can haves" are few and far between, but in the end I will be happier with the way I look, so that is good enough for me.

This is just the first birthday dinner I will sit through. My Mom's birthday is this week as well. We will be having a family dinner on Saturday, so I will be able to tell you how that goes then. So remember, having to do a little sacrificing stinks at times, but in the end, it will be all worth it!


Have a great day and night!

Love,
Em

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMY!!!

2 comments:

  1. AW Em you are sooooo SWEET!! and by the way you did awesome at Martini's!!! LOVE YA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy!! HA! It looks like I am talking to myself! I am glad you had a great B-day!!

    ReplyDelete