Friday, February 27, 2009

Give a Ring.

As we get older, our lives become busier. We tend to become withdrawn from family and friends. Which is very understandable when you have worked a 1000 hours, and all you want to do is relax. But their is always one simple thing we can do that makes all the difference, calling someone.

A phone call can help someone feel better when they are feeling blue, or it can be a way to spread enthusiasm. We all have phones calls that we remember, whether they are good or bad, you never forget a phone call.

I have a friend, Sarah, who will randomly call me and leave me a 5 minute voice mail, but you know what, it always makes me smile. Or when you get a missed call from someone, the thought that they were calling you "just to chat" is priceless.

I wont lie, I am not good at calling people. I honestly talk to the same people on the phone all the time. I do randomly scroll through my phone to see who I haven't chatted with in awhile and will give them a call.

So whens the last time you talked to your parents, in-laws, family or close friends and just called to talk? Not for a specific reason or because you "just have a question," but because you wanted to see how their day was going?

Asking someone how they are doing, and actually meaning it, has more power behind it then people realize. So, go and call someone you haven't talked to in a long time and catch up. You may just make someones day a little brighter!

Have a great day and night!

Love,
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment