Saturday, February 7, 2009

Movie, with out the popcorn.

I love popcorn! Its my favroite snack! Well, today my mom and I went and saw "He's just not that into you." (Very cute movie and very funny!)
AND it wasn't so bad not eating popcorn or having a diet coke! My family likes to mix M&M's into it. It makes it taste so much better! But, none of that for me! Instead a piece of gum!

Although I am going to miss out on a lot of yummie things over the next few weeks, its a sacrifice I am willing to take. I was looking at the calendar to see what events were coming up, and these are the days I would usually be "making an exception" for but wont for the next 13 weeks: Birthdays, Valentine's Day, Fat Tuesday, March Maddness, Easter, Wedding Showers, Weddings, Derby, and my 3 yr wedding aniversary!

Day two of this new lifestyle change wasn't so bad. I figured out how to make the shakes taste better and Abbey also gave me some suggestions on making the entrees tasting better too. It's going to be nice to have someone who has already gone through this to call and ask for help and suggestions.

She already informed me of a work out that I can go do for $5 on Friday, and it sounds AWESOME! Excersise is a must on this program as well. You have to burn a minimum of 2000 calories a week. So far I have burned, 690. That doesn't seem like a lot, but that includes, a 3o minute walk, 20 minutes on the elipitcal, 20 minutes of housework, and 60 minutes of bowling (YEP! Bowling counts!) all in the last two days.

One thing I do know, I have been super tired, so off to bed I go!

Thanks for reading!

Love,
Em






3 comments:

  1. Good Job Emily!!! And I'm glad you got the shakes tasting better for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there! The key is to make exercise fun or, it becomes a chore you do not want to do. I'm 20lbs down and counting. We can support each other! kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kathy!! I appreciate it! I just figured out people were writing me on this.

    ReplyDelete