Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday, Febuary 6, 2009


Why for 13 weeks, am I blogging about my life? Well in 13 weeks, I should be 40 pounds lighter, happier and healthier. I will go through the ups and downs of changing my old eating habits to new ones, along with everything that will be going on in my life.

I have tried EVERY diet out there! I didn't eat carbs for months, then when I stopped, the weight came back stronger then ever! It's been an uphill battle since then. A friend introduced me to a weight management system. HMR- Health Management Resources.

HMR is a lifestyle change NOT a diet. For 13 weeks, I will be attending classes, eating different and consuming more water then ever!
I will be eating food and shakes that are provided for me with the program. Along with the classes, I will also do mid-week calls to my instructor. So this isn't just some ho-hum thing, its a commitment!

Why would I want to do this?? Remeber when all you used to worry about was if your favorite pair of jeans and cute top were something that made your boyfriend say "WOW"? Now, 10 years later you wonder if your favorite pair of jeans will be something of the past or something of the present. Present as in, in your closet, on the top shelf, NOT being worn.

I want that feeling back. I wont lie. My eating habbits are horrible! Even though for my New Years Resolution, I gave up coke and fried food, I still found away to eat bad. A candy bar here, some sweet tea there. Trust me you find a way to feel those voids.

Today was the first day that I changed the way I ate. I was feeling great until 4:00, when I was blessed with the worst head ache ever! Probably due to the lack of fatty foods I didn't consume.
I was happy with all the food I had, up until this evening when I had to drink my last shake. It was nasty! Sad part, is that it was chocolate! It reminded me of slimfast, and I DO NOT like that at all!! So tomorrow is a new day, and I will see how I can make the shake better!

Thanks for reading! And tomorrow, we will see how the journey is going!

Love,
Em

(NOTE: I haven't had a coke or anything fried for 37 days in counting!)

8 comments:

  1. Good Luck and I'll be rooting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great start to your blog!! I am really proud of you for making this commitment to yourself. You're a champ! You are going to do fabulous:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AW AW you are going to do AWESOME and thanks for mentioning me and my hubby and bella = )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoy writing and reading your comments! It really means a lot to me!! Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are my ROCK STAR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck to you! I know a change like this can be so hard! I have signed on with Team In Training to run a marathon in May! The sheer volume of the exercise is KILLING me! You can and will do it! And you're gonna look great...even though you already do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHHH!!! Thanks! You all are so sweet! Thanks for the positive notes! You guess are great!

    ReplyDelete