Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Together.


One of my life's greatest gifts is the time I get to spend with Kevin. After working a long day, it's nice to know that after work, I get to hang out with him on the couch (and Vito as well.)

It could be the fact that he makes me happy, or the fact that he cleaned the kitchen up for me and I didn't even ask, or the fact that he actually watches American Idol with me... Such a sweet hubby I have!


These are feelings that we sometimes like to associate with food. We want to get that same joy we can with people, but instead we sometimes do it with food. Like the joy a milky way would give me after shopping at Target, it was like the cherry on top. I would look forward to getting that candy bar. Now, if I am wanting something sweet, I pop in some gum. It is actually a very good trick, because you keep chewing it, and then eventually forget that you are wanting something better.

Amy and I did come up with an idea today at work. Why not make sugar free gum that tastes like a candy bar? Then you would be able to satisfy the craving, with out the guilt. But, that could be some nasty tasting gum, but hey, you never know.


So if you are wanting to change something in your life, whether it is food, drinking, or smoking, having a good support system makes all the difference! You tend to appreciate the stuff you have always done, like sitting on the couch with your husband.

Don't forget, tomorrow is weigh in day. I have a filling I have only lost a pound, but hey, its better then nothing!!

Have a great day and night!

Love,
Em

2 comments:

  1. Husbands are the best!!!! Good luck with weigh in tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your husband must have a wonderful mother to have him turn out so well, and he was wise enough to choose the perfect wife! Hope the weigh-in goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete